[puredyne] Puredyne 9.11 (Carrot and Coriander+) - new release of realtime audio+video distro
danstowell+puredyne at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 11:07:23 CEST 2010
[apologies for cross-posting, please forward this]
Announcing the new release of Puredyne:
Puredyne 9.11 - Carrot and Coriander +
Puredyne is a GNU/Linux live distribution aimed at creative people,
looking for tools outside the standard. It provides the best
experimental creative applications alongside a solid set of graphic,
audio and video tools in a fast, minimal package. For everything from
sound art to innovative filmmaking.
Puredyne is optimised for use in realtime audio and video processing. It
distinguishes itself by offering a low latency kernel and the high
responsiveness needed by artists working in this field.
Puredyne is based on Ubuntu and Debian Live. All packages provided by
Puredyne can be used if you are running this flavour of GNU/Linux.
= Puredyne 911 =
== Carrot & Coriander + ==
After an intensive 3-day development sprint in Helsinki,
this release made possible thanks to Pixelache and HIAP.
Changelog below, see also our tracker at
== Fewer bugs! ==
Problems fixed in this release:
* amsynth loading crash (LP: #529858)
* terminal dircolour theme (LP: #496296)
* fluxus menu entry (LP: #507076)
* whysynth menu entry (LP: #546086)
* wsynth-dssi menu entry (LP: #546089)
* xsynth-dssi menu entry (LP: #546090)
* locale generation (LP: #508157)
* mixxx jack interface (LP: #507675)
* booting without hard disks (LP: #498782)
* appearance with two monitors (LP: #505933)
* removed default emacs keybindings for gtk apps (LP: #515445)
* emacs appearance improved (LP: #522239)
* application launch keyboard shortcuts (LP: #482822)
* coding style for build hooks (LP: #544225)
* irssi default intro text (LP: #525780)
== More stuff! ==
Additional software on the 911 CD (i386) compared to Puredyne 910:
Additional software on the 911 DVD (i386) compared to Puredyne 910:
== Upgraded things! ==
* xterm replaced with urxvtd
== Documentation ==
Puredyne wikibook interlinked with the Puredyne website:
* creating live usb sticks
* booting live usb sticks
* Puredyne help menu item
* coding style guides
== Important security information ==
There is a bug in Puredyne 910 package manager settings, which is
fixed in Puredyne 911 (LP: #507252).
If you have already installed Puredyne 910:
sudo rm /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00secure
== Prettier! ==
* customized wallpaper
* isolinux splash screen
== Get involved ==
* report bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/puredyne/+filebug
* host a mirror
* host a sprint
== More information ==
== Augment your soup ==
echo "--- carrot_and_coriander.txt 2010-01-16 03:19:48.000000000 +0200
+++ carrot_and_coriander_plus.txt 2010-04-02 11:52:57.383408001 +0300
@@ -12,6 +12,7 @@
* 1 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1.2 litres vegetable stock
* large bunch Fresh Coriander, roughly chopped
+* 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (optional)
* Black Pepper
@@ -30,11 +31,15 @@
4. Add the vegetable stock bring the mixture to the boil. Simmer for
10-15 minutes until the carrots are very soft.
-5. Blend until smooth.
+5. Meanwhile, heat a dry frying pan and add the cumin seeds. Toast
+ them for a minute or so, shaking the pan occasionally, until
-6. Add the fresh coriander.
+6. Blend the soup until smooth.
+7. Add the fresh coriander and the cumin seeds.
" | patch -p0 /usr/share/soup/carrot_and_coriander.txt
More information about the Puredyne